Wednesday, December 5, 2012

It takes time to discover a new area. This is our 3rd country move and each time it has taken a few weeks for us to get to know the ins and outs of our area. But if you know anything about me you will know that I don't half do anything ..and Im a quick explorer..as my friend Fabio says... don't be so quit.. you're in Italy...now poor Fabio means quick not quit..hahaha but the meaning is the same..he reminds me that siamo in Italia ...and everything is slow..the meaning of life is to take things slow..its not about moving quickly and getting the most you can in a short amount of time..or getting more for your money...as some may attempt to do outside of Italy..but here its about having a good life and taking things one day at a time...unfortunantly when you want something now ..it really becomes annoying..so it will take even more time for us to adjust to this..but this is one of the primary reason we moved here.

As I took a stroll along our village I was thankful to live so close to the centre. We are literly a five minutes walk before you enter the centre of Viadana. Which comes in handy if G has the car of if I just need to get out of the house. Since I had not had excercise for 3 days I was feeling a bit of a lazy bum...

So livvy and I bundled up (yes its freezing) and we went for a stroll!!









The one thing I learned is that we need to learn our village hours. You don't think of these things when in Uk or Aus or USA...things open one time and then close another time and some just never close ...but we are speaking of Italy here..no every shop is equal..if it is the same name... Apparently we have learned that our village has siesta of some sort between 2pm-430pm when everything is shut and the reopens for dinner until about midnight or 11 or something similar. The shopping centres for food however close at 8pm and the petrol stations are always 24 hours self service..but full service in the day.. don't even need to get out of the car..I think I like that.
One thing I didn't expect but we learned quickly (and hungrily) is that non of the shops or restaurants are open on Monday evenings..we were really hungry and thought lets go out for dinner..ummm no everything is shut..not even a pizzeria..wow....

0 comments :

Post a Comment