Wednesday, May 16, 2012

- dreaming of the sweet life-

My beautiful Reggio Emilia!



Corruption, debt, slow judicial system, psychotic drivers, crooks waiting to rob you just around the corner,red tape everywhere, banks that withhold your money, unfriendly neighbours to ex-pats..ect ect...
Why would you ever want to move to Italy? After all the economic state of the country is a disaster...so what are you thinking Jessa??

This has been said to me more than once..and yesterday I had heard enough when someone said: "there is no sweet life...so whatever youve seen on tv is a lie."

Really..TV??? Seriously...do people really move internationally based on what they see on television? I assure you my heart's desires do not arise from ...Under the Tuscan Sun...however the film does make me smile with warm fuzzes....
I often dance around my bed screaming "I've still got it" all the time...

My question is...Is life really based on money ...do people really only think of money in life?
Im full aware that money allows us to eat, live, provide warmth, entertainment ect. But in reality I've yet to meet anyone who moved to Italy to make it rich and in fact most people who are wealthy might move to Italy to slow things down. That ...by chance is something skeptics just cant understand. I literately had a funny look from an Italian friend when I said that...

My dream consists of living ..of course comfortably, helping others in some way, providing a sense of community for my family, happy, and content with the ability to financially provide for my daughter's future. All else is bleak in my mind, I don't need to be rich, or famous..oh wait famous would be nice..but I don't need to be rich and famous..see I'm not greedy at all..hahaha

At this moment in our lives we are thankful that we are in a financial place to make such a move, especially since our last international move was just 4 years ago. So now we are aware that we must make every move and each step towards Italy carefully...prepare every step as if our entire lives depend on it.
So what's the first step. Research Research Research....Prepare Prepare Prepare...Pray Pray Pray....

And then we wait...

Now this is the hard part...because if it was my choice we would pack up right now and be on the move to Reggio Emilia, Italy. But sometimes we must sort out our present so that our future flows just as lovely. Especially if you truly want the sweet life.

I was reminded by a friend today about waiting...

“ The LORD will withhold no good thing from those who do what is right..” Psalm 84:11b
Oh yeah I should say we are bible reading Christians in this house...

This reminded me that there are benefits to waiting...think about it, if you learn to wait and observe then potentially you will make better decisions in the long run. Sometimes I think that I cant live without something today but realise in the future it was better off to have waited.

So for now I'll just continue... sognado la dolce vita...





2 comments :

  1. It'll all happen in good time. ;)
    I know I'll be so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the time will creep up on us and in the end it wont feel long at all! Thats how it always happens

    ReplyDelete